Mayflower

Mayflower

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Elle s'appelait Sarah

Once in a while, I see a movie that will completely change my life. And most of the time, this isn't a Hollywood movie (like duh). But a foreign spoken movie. This time it wasn't a Hispanic movie, but a French one that stole my heart.
Elle s'appelait Sarah is one of those movies. It tells the story of a Jewish girl who escaped out of a concentration camp, to save her little brother. I'm not gonna say more than that. You just have to see it. The whole "Second World War" theme has always intrigued me a lot. That's not that strange, I live in Belgium and we, as everybody in Europe, have suffered a lot during war. My grandmother's last name is actually Jewish. But she has never talked about this. I come to think that everyone has a past that he wants to hide, and maybe it's for the better, I don't know. I just know that a movie like this makes me think a lot. In what position would I have been in the war? Would I be jewish or catholic? Would I fight against Hitler? Should I've hidden people? Or should I've been remained silent? Or worse, should I've supported the totalitary and racist system? A lot to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love and leave a comment♥