Mayflower

Mayflower

Thursday, July 18, 2013

También la lluvia

I don't know what to say nor to think. I just saw the movie También la lluvia. I'm so impacted by it that I think this will be a sleepless night for me. How is it posible that I didn't know nothing about this movie nor the situation in Bolivia? How is it posible that the news about this tragedy didn't reach Europe?

I have to admit that I started watching this movie because of Gael Garcïa Bernal. But I'm so happy that I saw it. I will never forget this movie, it has such a high impact on me, unbelievable. It made me go back in time, more particulary when I was studying colonialism, its literature and the history about Colombus, Bartolomé de las Casas and Antonio de Montesinos. I had forgotten that my passion for everything Hispanic, and more specifically everyting Latino, comes from my deep interest for everything indian, those human beings that live in harmony with the nature, who lived in peace until the materialistic society treated them like slaves.

I know it sounds very strange that I'm talking about all of this, but I just can't handle cruelty. I can't imagine how horrible it has to be, as a mom, to suffocate your own baby in the water to shield them from a horrible death, devoured by dogs... It makes me so sick. And what makes me even more sick, is the fact that things like this still happen in the XXI century. So horrible.

OK, all things aside, you have to see También la lluvia. And not because of Gael García Bernal's incredibly sexy Mexican accent (although this is a very good reason). But no. You have to see it in order to realize that inhuman cruelty isn't some legend from the past. Thinks like this still happen, it's as actual as the new Iphone that's coming out.

No sé qué decir ni pensar. Acabo de ver la película También la lluvia. Me impactó tanto que temo que no dormiré esta noche. Cómo es posible que no supe nada de esta película ni de la situación en Bolivia? Cómo es posible que las noticias de esa tragedia no llegaron a Europa?

Tengo que admitir que empecé ver la peli porque Gael García Bernal desempeña un papel. Pero qué feliz estoy de haberla visto. Nunca jamás de la vida olvidaré esa peli, me ha impactado por la vida. Además, me hizo volver en el tiempo, a mis estudios del colonialismo, a la literatura y historia de Colón, Bartolomé de las Casas y Fray Antonio de Montesinos. Había olvidado que mi pasión por lo hispánico, y más particularmente por lo latinoamericano se debe a mi pasión para los indígenas, para esas personas que viven en harmonía con la naturaleza de manera pacífica hasta que fueron sometidos y corrompidos por la sociedad materialista.

Sé que parece muy extraño hablar de todo eso, pero no aguanto la crueldad. Imaginar como las madres tuvieron que ahogar sus bebés para que no sean matados por perros... No puedo, me hace vomitar. Y sabiendo que esas cosas aún pasan en el sigo XXI... Increíblemente inhumano.

Bueno, en breve, hay que ver También la lluvia. Y esta vez no primordialmente por escuchar el sabroso acento mexicano de Gael García Bernal (aunque eso ya es razón suficiente). Pero no. Hay que verla para realizar que la crueldad inhumana es de todos los tiempos, no sólo una leyenda del pasado. Y les dejo con una frase que nunca más olvidaré: Yo soy la voz de Cristo en el desierto de esta isla y estáis en pecado mortal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love and leave a comment♥