Mayflower

Mayflower

Sunday, February 9, 2014

México Day 9 : Hierve el Agua - Mitla - Tlacochahuaya - Tule

Day 9 was without a doubt one of the highlights of my Mexico trip. We woke up early to go hiking in Hierve el Agua. I saw landscapes so beautiful that they looked unreal. Although I was a bit sick that day and the hike was very heavy on me, I'm so happy that my friend took me there. It's simply breathtaking. Most of the tourists who go there only see the natural pool and leave. Don't get me wrong, the natural pool is amazing, but if you go on a hike with one of the guides there, you discover tons of amazing landscapes you won't see otherwise. Hierve el Agua definitely is in my top 3 of things to see in Mexico! ♥










After that, we went visiting Mitla, an archeological site in the state of Oaxaca








After that we stopped at the church of Tlacochahuaya, one of the most beautiful and special churches I've seen in my life. And let me tell you, I've seen A LOT of churches already.











When we were walking around in Tlacochahuaya, I saw for the first time the phenomenon of "Acción Poética". This movement writes love phrases on walls everywhere in Latin America. I'm so obsessed with these phrases! Each time I spot one I take a picture, because it's so simple, yet so beautiful and inspirational.

In my heart I build you a house, please come by sometimes.

This has been one of the busiest days of my trip. After Tlacochahuaya we went to Tule, to see the famous árbol de Tule. Unfortunately it was already to dark to see the famous deformations on the trunk of the tree, so I guess I have to go back one time. But the short stop was worth it, because otherwise I wouldn't have seen the most kitsch mayor's office of the whole world


After that we finally went back to Oaxaca capital, where I ate like a pig ;) Such a good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love and leave a comment♥