Mayflower

Mayflower

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Genious directors: Tim Burton

Movies are one of my greatest passions. I have a "modest" list of favorite actors and directors, and one of them is Tim Burton. The first time I saw one of his movies was actually in highschool. When I saw Edward Scissorhands, I was very impressed with both Johnny Depp and Tim Burton. And 'til the day of today, I remain a huge fan of their work. They're just a golden duo! And I even like it more when Helena Bonham Carter is part of the cast. I absolutely heart that woman! She's just so peculiar in a really really good way. I think she's one of the best actresses of all times!
If I had to choose my top 3 of favorite Tim Burton movies, I would choose his most recent movie, Alice in Wonderland as my number 3. Reasons? I just love the costumes and the decors, it's so unreal! The movie is like a magic couture show, set in Wonderland.


And ofcourse, the acting was incredible. No less than four of my favorite actors were in it!


Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter


Stephen Fry as the Cheshire Cat


Michael Sheen as the White Rabbit


Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen. She was my favorite character in this movie. She's just HI LA RIOUS =) She so so rude, I like it! Here are one of my favorite scenes with her:




My second favorite Tim Burton movie is Sleepy Hollow. I loved the whole gothic approach and I was even scared during the movie (maybe because I was rather young back then ^_^) Johnny's and Christina's acting were marvelous, as always!


But my all time favorite is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. OMG, this movie is so perfect, it combines all the things I like to see in movies: handsome bitter men, theatrical songs and blood ^_^ I like to listen to the Sweeney Todd cd on my mp3 and sing along! And yes people look weird when they hear me sing about scissors being my friends ^_^ Here are my favorite songs from the movie:




I mean wow! Sacha Baron Cohen is genious as Pirelli =)Very impressive singing!


I like this song so much =)



But the best thing about the movie is Jamie Campbell Bower!! I absolutely heart him, he's so so hot! And when he sings, I just melt away ^_^ And for the people who're wondering, yes Jamie plays Caius Volturi in Twilight =)
What are your favorite Burton movies? x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me the love and leave a comment♥